Our web development, data science, fintech, and cybersecurity classes prepare students with the in-demand skills needed to advance or launch a career in these industries. SMU Boot Camps combine a virtual classroom experience with cutting-edge curricula taught by experienced instructors. With extensive student support along the way and a wide array of resources, we provide an education that will help you find a path to success.
SMU Certificate Overview
- Our curricula teach the latest market skills* in the web development, data science, fintech, and cybersecurity fields.
- Students build a diverse portfolio of projects in our coding, data and fintech programs or complete multiple certification training’s in our cybersecurity program demonstrating their knowledge.
- Students benefit from a wide list of support services to help them navigate the programs.
- All of our boot camps offer convenient part-time schedules for students who wish to stay at their current job while learning valuable new skills.
- Our coding boot camp provides options to fit into your schedule, with a full-time web development class option for those who wish to study at a faster pace.
*The material covered in these courses is subject to change due to market demand.
SMU Boot Camps are offered through SMU Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE), in partnership with edX.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
What You Will Learn
- Students in our coding , data science, fintech, and cybersecurity programs will learn the necessary skills to step out into the job market as a web developer, data or fintech professional.
- Students will gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students will have access to a wide range of career services like coaching, resume support, technical interview training and portfolio reviews.
What Graduates Receive
- A Certificate in Full Stack Web Development, Data Science, FinTech, or Cybersecurity from SMU Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE), showcasing their accomplishments to future employers.
- A robust portfolio of projects showing their mastery of the multiple topics covered throughout the program.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with their career director post-graduation.