Learn AI Online in 24 Weeks
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an increasingly innovative solution to help organizations move more efficiently, cut costs and solve complex business challenges. AI has also increased in popularity and demand — machine learning engineer was one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 Best Jobs in America in 2022.1
As a student in our AI boot camp, you’ll build proficiency in numerous technologies to help meet that growing demand, including Python, unsupervised and supervised machine learning, generative AI, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, chatbots and many more. You’ll hone your craft by learning from expert instructors with five-plus years of industry experience and build an impressive professional portfolio that displays your AI talents to potential employers.
Behind every smart device is a smarter human. How will you harness the power of AI for your organization? Optimize your career opportunities with the SMU AI Boot Camp today.
150 Best Jobs in America 2022. (2022). Glassdoor. Retrieved July 14, 2023.
Our course is designed for working professionals while providing you with the structure and support you need to successfully achieve your career goals.
Our online AI boot camp from Southern Methodist University Continuing and Professional Education (SMU CAPE) offers live, interactive virtual classes led by expert instructors in the field of data analytics, programming and artificial intelligence.
Our market-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand AI and machine learning models through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment across a range of industries.
Why Choose Our AI Boot Camp?
- You’ll receive a Certificate in AI from SMU CAPE that you can show to potential employers after studying part time over 24 weeks.
- You can pursue careers across a wide range of industries that use AI — or implement AI tools at your current organization.
- The curriculum covers a range of key topics such as Python coding, external APIs, data modeling and forecasting, neural network models, deep learning, ethics and AI, and much more.
- You’ll build a portfolio of work that solves data, machine learning and artificial intelligence problems to further stand out in a competitive job market.
- You’ll join a career engagement network that helps you gain access to potential employers regardless of when you attended our boot camp.
- You’ll receive access to 24/7 on-demand learning assistance and a 1-on-1 tutor.
- You can connect with a global network of more than 250 employers looking to hire.
By the time you finish this accelerated boot camp, you’ll be equipped with a wide variety of programming, data and machine learning skills. As you participate in engaging classes, you’ll be prepared to create Python-based scripts, interact with APIs using Python Requests and JSON parsing techniques, utilize data-driven programming languages and libraries, and much more. The curriculum is market-driven, with relevant topics such as:*
Programming for Artificial Intelligence
- Fundamental Python Syntax
- Python Coding Logic & Reasoning
- Python Script & Dictionary Creation
Making Predictions with Data
- Data Modeling
- Data Forecasting
- Time Series Data
Machine Learning Optimization
- Evaluating Model Performance
- Imbalanced Data
- Model Selection for Success Metrics
- Limitations of Traditional Models
- Legal and Ethical Considerations
- Data Reproducibility
- Algorithmic Bias
- Data Privacy Regulations
- Deep Learning vs. Neural Networks
- Deep Learning on TensorFlow and Keras
Natural Language Processing
- Natural Language Processing
- Word Models
- Generative AI
- AI Applications Outside the Computer
- Active Research Areas
- Ethics and Regulation
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Our Innovative Online Model
Dedicated Student Support
Throughout the boot camp, you’ll receive support from a cohort success manager who is committed to helping you stay on track with your studies and will be there to answer any questions you may have. You’ll also have access to on-demand, content-based chat support when you need it.
Flexible, Interactive Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Ensure you’re developing a strong understanding of data modeling, deep learning and artificial intelligence by applying them in real-world settings. The cadence of these assignments will help you progress through the course as you should be.
Students who complete our AI boot camp will be qualified for a variety of different challenging and fulfilling roles, including:
- Collect, interpret and visualize key financial and market data to help an organization make more informed decisions.
- Run programs, predictive models and algorithms that improve pattern recognition in machines and perform tasks that help accomplish project goals.
- Assist organizations across a wide range of industries in applying AI solutions to reduce costs, develop business growth strategies and train employees to leverage AI in their everyday roles.
- Develop and improve artificial intelligence systems and methodology to be used across a variety of business applications, from chatbots and language processing to speech and facial recognition systems.
An AI Boot Camp is Right for You If:
You’re currently working as a data or business analyst and looking to take your tech career to the next level by adding machine learning, programming and AI model training tools to your resume.
You want to apply AI techniques and methodology in your current role to further drive growth for your organization and be the one your team turns to for new ways to solve complex business problems.
You’re looking to build a career in tech from the ground up more quickly than a traditional degree program and want to leverage AI model training tools in your chosen industry.
How to Apply
Reserve your spot for the next AI boot camp today. The session begins soon, and requesting information only takes a moment. After requesting more details, you’ll be put in touch with a member of the admissions team who can answer questions and help you get your application started. To apply:
- Fill out our course interest form so an admissions advisor can get in touch with you.
- Connect with an admissions advisor to discuss the course and talk through your goals.
- Complete a short application.
- Complete a multiple-choice critical-thinking and problem-solving assessment.
- Connect with admissions to discuss financial options and payment.
- Finalize your enrollment and pay your deposit.
- Start your boot camp!
AI Boot Camp Schedule
- 24-week online format
- Study part time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and complete projects designed to enhance your portfolio
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 10–15 hours outside of class to hands-on projects and practice work
» AI Boot Camp Part-Time 10/23/23
» Coding Part-Time Online 11/13/23
» Coding Full-Time Online 12/11/23
» Data Science Part-Time Online 12/11/23
» FinTech Part-Time Online 10/23/23
» Cybersecurity Part-Time Online 11/13/23