Classes begin quarterly
Become a Web Developer in 12 or 24 Weeks
Online Dallas Coding Boot Camp
Web development is a fast-growing career track, and SMU Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized skills to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced, immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to help you become proficient in front-end and back-end technologies.
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule, or launch your career sooner by studying at an accelerated pace through our full-time format.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Receive a Certificate in Full Stack Web Development from SMU Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE), demonstrating your achievements.
- Benefit from a wide set of career services like resume and social media support, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, practice sessions, and more to help you launch or advance your career.
As you embark on this 12- or 24-week journey, you’ll dive into a challenging curriculum and learn more than you thought was possible. With an interactive classroom environment and collaboration with your classmates, you will get hands-on experience in full-stack web development.
Learning to code is an intensive undertaking. If you are craving to expand your knowledge and join the tech world, seeking to advance or change careers, and most importantly: ready to roll up your sleeves and work HARD…then our program could be right for you.
- Those looking to find a new career or company—or make the move from a non-technical position to a technical one
- Those who are interested in freelancing to supplement their current income—or contribute in a bigger way in their current job
- Those seeking to learn the skills to execute on an entrepreneurial idea and build their own product
- Those with the ambition to grow in their knowledge or add to their skill set while in college.
Learn In-Demand Skills:
Our part-time curriculum covers front-end and back-end technologies*, and you will graduate with a wide set of skills for full-stack web development:
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Server Side Development (MERN Stack, Progressive Web Applications)
- Deployment/Command-Line Fundamentals (Heroku, Git)
- API Interaction (API, JSON, AJAX)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)
- Supplemental Self-Study Topics (Python, Java, C#, Amazon Web Services)
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
The part-time coding program is 6 months (24 weeks) long and the full-time program in 3 months (12 weeks) long.
While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. The pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for the Coding Boot Camp.
No, applicants do not need to be SMU students. This program is offered through SMU Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE).
- 12-week program
- Classes held Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 24-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
» Coding Part-Time 07/28/21
» Coding Full-Time 07/26/21
» Data Science Part-Time 09/07/21
» FinTech Part-Time 08/03/21
» Cybersecurity Part-Time 09/13/21